Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Busy, busy

Ok. The Captain is letting go anchor. This is the blogger hanging up the nautical attire for an evening lounging in the Captain's Quarters in his comfy bed, looking unwind and take his focus off of the sea for a brief moment.





I've been quite busy this past week since the last update. I've had relatives visiting from around the globe, been spending time with some friends that I have not had much time to spend with since I normally hung out with them whenever my cousin was around, mainly because they are his roommates and mostly because I felt that it might be weird for me being around when my cousin wasn't (granted I think some of the awkwardness I felt stemmed from the fact that I had a bit of a crush on one of them for a while in the past, but I think the feeling wasn't mutual, so no harm no foul. If it was mutual, then I'm a terrible reader, and that's probably the main reason I can't keep a stable relationship in the first place :/)

But they have since invited me to hang with them while my cousin was away to South Africa on his own adventures and it was great getting to spend time with them while he was away, which was a blast!

Now, my cousin has returned, with many a story to tell, but that's for his blog, should he ever choose to write one. I'm glad that he is back. He has stood by me through every up and down I've been through (though he seems to have the worst timing to go on his excursions, as it seems that a breakup seems to either be around the corner or just happened before he leaves)

My other cousin, who currently resides in one of the liberal nooks in the deep red south, visited home this past weekend and kept all of us occupied these past few days. The main event was our trip to King's Island on Sunday, where the lines weren't nearly as long as I had expected them to be for a summer weekend.

Alas, he left this afternoon to head back home and I'm going to miss him. But, at least I know he will be returning for Thanksgiving.

And last, but not least, I could not forget to mention the arrival of my family from Ireland! Especially my Uncle, who is quite a character. Always full of energy, looking to have a good time, and for some reason, is just so damned charismatic without even trying.

He can walk up to a total stranger and probably get them to start spitting out all kinds of personal information without any hesitation...

It's gotta be the accent. The Irish accent could melt butter from a mile away when used properly. Lol.




All in all, I'd have to say that the past week has gone well. I've still gone through my ups and downs in coping with the end of the relationship and what the future holds for me, but of this I am certain. In trying to mend my heart, I have had help from the family and friends that have stuck by my side and I can't thank them enough, and while it may not be enough to completely fill the void left behind, it is enough to keep this Captain floating on in his search of his White Whale.

Much bandaged and stitched love,

HR

1 Comments:

At July 24, 2014 at 12:09 AM , Blogger The Premature Curmudgeon said...

You sure nailed your Irish uncle!

He walked up to a total stranger, (your American aunt,) in London Heathrow airport and struck up a conversation. Before the year was out, they were married.

Irish charm seems to be his superpower.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home