Monday, June 30, 2014

Short n' Sweet

Gonna keep this week's post short, as I'm actually trying to be productive and keep myself busy.

To take a break from the nautical theme and the third person viewpoint, if only for a moment, I have gotten settled in to the new living situation. I've gotten a lot of help from new friends in transitioning into life after the break up.

I'm looking forward to all of the new experiences that await me.

I'll miss what I had, but, as with all the others, I have to move on and hope that one day I'll get this relationship thing right.

Everything is slowly piecing itself together in my new room, which is like a mix of bedroom and living room smushed together, at least that's the plan anyway.

Thank you to everyone who has still been supportive of me and this random creative endeavor I've been pursuing. I know that it hasn't been the tour de force piece that my first one was, but I figured that I should take this post to take a step back and appreciate the fact that, even though it didn't work out the way I had originally wanted to, things could be a lot worse for me. I'm glad that I was able to find a new situation and a really good group of new friends that have helped me pull myself up off of my moping ass and try to pick up the pieces.
 
This blogger is gonna have to get some shut eye soon for work in the AM.

Much bandaged and stitched love,

HR

2 Comments:

At July 1, 2014 at 12:35 AM , Blogger The Premature Curmudgeon said...

Good post.

Blogger Rule #1:

"Too short" is better than "Too long."

Write what you feel, then, walk away.

Here are a couple of thoughts of worldly wisdom from The Blog, Sr.

Unlike your earlier loves, (You know who I'm talking about. There were so many "red flags" there,) and, it's a fact, love makes us ignore "red flags."

Your most recent ex seemed like a keeper, until it ended, and the "red flags" became obvious. Anti-depresants are a "yellow flag" but not a deal breaker. But, adding in the use of someone else's Valium Rx says, "Prescription drug abuser."

You dodged a bullet there.

Losing someone who does not really care about you is not a loss. It's a gain.

It's too early to say for sure, but your new roomies gathered together to help you move. And that says so much good about them.

It seems to me that you are on a positive path.


 
At July 1, 2014 at 6:54 AM , Blogger Kimmers Kreations said...

Having "started over" more times than I'd like to share on such a public forum, adding to the fact it's not my blog, I can tell you there will be love again, and maybe even again. Hang in there, get settled in the new digs, and maybe even search out a new route to & back to help through the transition. And as I tell my daughter all the time "thank God there was not Facebook or Google in the 80's!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home