Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My Fellow Americans...

Ladies and gentlemen of the blogiverse, I want to apologize in advance, this blogger tends to switch between the 1st and 3rd person. I know it's not apropos in the literary community, but let's face it, this blogger isn't trying to win any Pulitzer Prize Awards for Letters, Drama and Music. So, with that being said, onward we go.

At the behest of the BlogFather, Blog Jr is taking the helm of his very own blog for its maiden voyage. In the many blogs to come, Blog Jr is looking to share with you the things on his mind. Some will make you laugh, some will make you cry. Some will make you just want to reach through the ethereal plane that your Ethernet cable connects to and slap Blog Jr in the face and say, "Get the fuck over it!!!"

The main reason the BlogFather has suggested doing this is because in the stresses of his life, he gets great relief (and probably takes great pleasure in) ranting, raving and ranting some more, about the goings ons of his life. And currently, Jr. is no stranger to stress (whether it be external or self induced) ranging from the financial to the romantical (you're damn right I'm making that a word). So, it is my goal that, with control of the Blog ship Lollipop, I will find some relief from what ails me, and maybe even give you, the audience, a better understanding of what's running through my mind and why I am the way I am.

To those of you who know the man that is Blog Jr., you all know (probably ad nauseam) that Jr has been going through the pains of a fairly recent break up to ex #3 (#4 if you count an approximate 2-3 month im relationship with a friend of a family member, but my guess would be most of the people in the real world would vote that as a resounding, "HELL NO WE DON'T!!!") of whom he thought the world of, but due to issues that he did not want to foresee, though the writing was apparently on the wall, lost without the possibility of a second chance.

So, it's time for Jr to move on. Easy to say, harder to do. My mind is a complex array of wires crisscrossing every which way and when good advice travels down one of these wires, it apparently makes the wrong turn in Albuquerque at Stubborn Fool Junction and Jackass Avenue, and I seem to do the exact opposite, half (if not all) the time.

Recently, Jr did something stupid that he thoroughly regrets doing. Jr thought that he was ready (when in fact, he was being too impatient and jumped the gun) and recreated a profile to the website to which he encountered the fair maiden that has most recently broken his heart. It's unknown why he thought that this was a reasonable thing to do, just 2 and a half weeks after the break up. Maybe it was a curiosity as to what new fish lie in wait out there in that infinite ocean everyone speaks of where the White Whale of soulmates supposedly dwells. Unfortunately, to his dismay, after searching through a few schools of fish, he found the new profile of the woman who crushed him thoroughly to a pulp. This reopened the wounds that he thought he had sewn to a reasonable extent that he could try a fresh start.

After discovering that he, in fact, did a rather shoddy job at mending his newly torn heart, he decided that it was time to give that profile a rest and just hope that she finds someone else that will treat her better than I ever could, then he shall return if no one in real life shows up to help mend his heart and put back together the pieces left behind in the massacre.

With copious amounts of Häagen Dazs ice cream, a steady stream of Air Supply and a binge watching of How I Met Your Mother, Jr will rebound from this. Jr is going to do his best to tune out the things that have reminded him of the good and the bad times from ex #3 (4) and just hope that he doesn't do anything to fuck up his relationship with future gf #4. Of course, as stated before, easier said than done.

It is my promise to you that Captain Blog Jr shall not make all of his posts love lost themed, he's just going through a phase, one that is reminiscent of Season 2 Marshall pining over the lose of his soulmate Lily. The Captain requests all hands on deck to be his Ted and Barneys to help him get his Titanic through the icy North Atlantic Ocean and make it safely to the shores of Actualsoulmatethatwillstickbymyside-ica.

In fact, the next one will be absolutely nothing to do with love at all...

Stay tuned and stay classy, my friends.

Blog Jr



5 Comments:

At June 17, 2014 at 6:38 PM , Blogger 5 Minute Movie Guy said...

Wow, buddy! You have a great voice for blogging. That was thoroughly entertaining to read. Keep it up!

As for the breakup, I don't think it's the best idea to drown your sorrows with ice cream. I actually think it'd be a great time to start working out instead. Getting yourself in shape will take your mind off of the pain and will also make you feel better physically and mentally. Plus it helps with attracting the ladies ;)

Sincerely,
5 Minute Movie Guy
http://www.5mmg.com

 
At June 17, 2014 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I thank ya. I may think about putting down the cartons, but until then, the cool, fatty goodness of ice cream just makes me feel so right (even though it's sooooo wrong ;) )

 
At June 17, 2014 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

*Side note* I'm not ACTUALLY gorging on ice cream, lol. Nor am I listening to Air Supply either. But at least HIMYM is true, and I am unashamed of that :)

 
At June 18, 2014 at 1:50 AM , Blogger The Premature Curmudgeon said...

The "BlogFather," aka, "The Premature Curmudgeon." aka "The PC," here.

I just read your inaugural post and I am gob-smacked!

As your father, I should object to the use of certain language. But, as the late, great George Carlin said, "There are no bad words. There are bad thoughts, bad intentions, and words."

And, as The PC, I have never worried about the words I use.

And, that said...

Oh my fucking God and Holy fucking shit!

This is the most brilliant blog post I have ever read, outside of my favorite bloggers, The Rude Pundit and #Doorman.

Don't be offended, but I had no idea that you had this amazing writing ability in you.

Seriously, I am so proud of you that I can't stand it.

When The PC posted his first post, one of his coworkers presented him with a bottle of champaign and a congratulatory note.

I can't do that, but consider this a virtual bottle of Dom Perignon.

Once I figure out how to subscribe to your blog, I will do so. And I will share your posts with my followers. Proudly.

Keep sharing your posts on Facebook, and share them on Google +, because you will find followers all over the world. (At least, until Google gives up on Google +.)

*Side note* Gorge on ice cream all you want. But switch to Ben and Jerry's, because they are on the right (left) side of politics. Glad you are not really listening to Air Supply, because Air Supply sucks. Listen to Green Day's "American Idiot" and "20th Century Breakdown" for musical inspiration, instead. And, *Spoiler Alert* by the time HIMYM wrapped it up, everything turned out okay for everyone. It just took some patience.

 
At June 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think you should switch to Kroger brand ice cream. It's cheaper. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home